Thursday 18 June 2015

The Gift



Having come this far                                  
80 years from afar
Childhood on to middle age
All a fleeting image

Looking back in quick succession
Each stage with its own mission
Triumphs problems always
Handled in many ways

What now does all this mean
Ups and downs that have been
Drained in effort so intense
What with all this nonsense

Has this touched another soul
With love poured into her bowl
Making a difference with hope
A helping hand to cope

Thinking in tears and glee
Does it want to make me flee
Flee from what to what I ask
Wouldn`t it be the same task

But know there is more to it
As one makes things fit
A stirring deep inside
It`s meaning hard to decide

A warmth lingering spreading
Soothing balming in its making
There is more to flesh and blood
A surge of presence like a flood

A flood of love and compassion
Out flowing in quick succession
Kith and kin of one and all
Each with a special call

Family friends in new light
Embraced in warm delight
Lucky is he with such a gift
An octogenarian`s greatest wish

No regrets no laments
In life`s late moment
Every day a new promise
Wanting but just this peace

Thank you all for this gift
Siblings friends giving me this lift
My wife`s firm hand and praise
Nimmi`s and Nithi`s valued grace

The luckiest man I can declare
With all who so much care
Forgive me for my slips
My careless mindless dips


M P Prabhakar
17.9. 2014
PJ

No comments:

Post a Comment